1

Women's Day - Equal Job Rights?

» Posted by Susana


I'm not going to post a definition of women discrimination ok? ;) That would be really boring, I know. :)

Today is the Woman's Day, and I just came across a new that says that Portugal is the 2nd country where there's job discrimination. For example, when a woman has the same job as a man and the same skills and qualifications, the man receives more 20% than the woman. So, it just had me thinking that we live in the 21st century. Things like this happened like... a hundred years ago, but nowadays?? It's almost unbelievable. How can we say we live in a developed country? How? When women are still discriminated? Women represent 60% of the world's 550 million working poor. It's the reality. And it's also true that women are still discriminated, specially in a country which claims to be a developed one and open minded. I seriously almost didn't believe it at first. And I'm not even going to talk about job discrimination when a woman is pregnant... that's even more serious, but anyway... This can be changed, this must be changed. And I hope it's changed. I personally don't want to work in a world like this.

Here you can see some cartoons about women discrimination I just found:









Sources:
- http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/for0588l.jpg
- http://www.newyorkemploymentlawyerblog.com/13157133.jpg

- http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ksm/lowres/ksmn955l.jpg

1 comentários:

pedro brito disse...

Well, I think it's a little sad that in the XXI century, women are still being discriminated. Great blog ;D

Enviar um comentário