2

Martin Luther King's Quotes

» Posted by Inês



We all know who this man was. We all know his work and contribution for a society of equal rights, without judging people by what they are. We all should look up at this example of a true hero in History, who gave everything he had to help build a better world. Here’s a list of Dr. Martin Luther King’s most famous quotes:

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

“Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man’s sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.”

“We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.”

“Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: - ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.’” – I Have a Dream speech

“At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love.”

“Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.”

“I submit to you that if a man hasn’t discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.”

“Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.”

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” – I Have a Dream speech

“Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals.”


Source:
- http://www.themartinlutherking.info/50-martin-luther-king-jr-quotes.html

2 comentários:

Iolanda disse...

I love this post ~! Martin luther king was a great man, who struggled for much of human rights, especially those of blacks and women!

Elizabete disse...

I love this man, the was a very courage man and I admire him because of that!
I always do school works about him xD

Enviar um comentário